Contact Lens Fitting
The doctors at Arboretum Vision Care have extensive experience in fitting all types of contact lenses. In fact, specialty contact lens fitting is the centerpiece of our contact lens practice. We routinely fit lenses for astigmatism, presbyopia (over-40 eyes,) and keratoconus. All types of lenses are available; rigid gas-permeable, soft daily disposable, astigmatic, and multifocal lenses, to name but a few.
Dr. Serafine has even developed his own specialized lens design and fitting technique for rigid gas-permeable contact lenses, which draws upon not only his experience, but the 50+ years of contact lens fitting of his father before him. No other practice can offer this level of highly individualized care.
Are Contacts Right for You?
If you lead a more active lifestyle and would like to avoid a wardrobe of glasses, contacts may be for you! We offer a wide variety of daily disposable contacts that give you the freedom to not have to choose between glasses and contacts. Contacts can be worn at almost any age! We have great success fitting preteens and adults. Most contacts can be purchased for about a dollar a day. A thorough eye exam will determine your suitablility for contact lenses and the best contact option for your lifestyle.
Some Contact Lens Advantages:
- No lens hassle and worry when living an active lifestyle
- No need to switch from glasses to prescription sunglasses during recreational activity
- No reduced vision due to the obstruction from eyeglass frames
- Easy adaptaton from glasses, typically less than a week
- Correcton for presbyopia by using multifocal contacts or a monovision fit
Some Contact Lens Disadvantages:
- Soft lenses may require some getting used to. New soft lens wearers typically adjust to their lenses within a week.
- Rigid lenses may require a longer adjustment period
- May not be suitable for patients with eye allergies
- Except for some disposable varieties, most contacts require cleaning and disinfection. (this process generally takes a few moments)